FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:06 am
gfowler-ord-1k
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I had a stay 2 days ago at the The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center and when I checked in I was asked about the amenity, of course I selected points. I then mentioned that a lot of people including myself had problems with amenity posting. She showed me the screen and said "All I have to do is select this item." I do not remember exactly what it said but it was something like "SP1 500 points". Guess how that posts --
Earn +500 Sep 28, 2007 SVC PROMISE 500 PTS
I had seen this on my statement before but I always thought it was compensation for a problem. The last time I saw this posting was for a stay where the internet service was up and down all day and I complained several times.

Does anyone know what the menu selection should be for the platinum 500 points? Not that we should have to train them but if we make sure they select the proper item I suspect this will happen less often.

And no, I am not planning to write SPG to get an additional 500 for the amenity.