FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
There is no car transfer from A26 to the B gates. So it may make sense to visit the FCL still.

However, for FRA there is no gate guarantee for specific flights. There is a frequent change of the gates and it may happen on a daily base. So there is a chance your SIN flight leaves from A65, which is 50 feets away from the A26 FCL.

Once in a while there is even a chance for tarmac loadings, mainly for A330 and A343 but it can happen for a 744 too.
I'd be surprised if A65 is used for FRA-SIN. IME that area of A is normally reserved for UK/Switzerland flights in the late evening, as B31 etc is used for LH690 to TLV. I guess it could use one of the lower number A non-shengen gates (closer to the SEN lounge upstairs) but the times I have taken it it has always gone from B area finger position.
Personally I think I would use FCL in A, then pass through passport control next to FCL and take the train to B. Less time and security checks than FCT.