FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New AP earning for partner airlines from 29/10
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:30 pm
Blackcloud

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
So they have decided mixed rate applies, but because you already have the higher airbucks credited for the outbound flight you get to keep the extra airbucks.

That does not seem a sensible policy to me, as not only getting the illwill from lower rate on return, but creating confusion. By being inconsistent they are implicitly inviting airpoints members to call them about the discrepancy, creating another opportunity for illwill.

Blackcloud - the rationale on the lower airbucks on mixed itineraries is to encourage higher fare NZ only tickets, ie it is tied with NZ's revenue. However by proactively joining up separate tickets it creates illwill - if you are flying somewhere NZ doesn't fly you have no choice by to have a mixed itinerary and NZ is penalising you for this.
Yes it is causing illwill and is one of the reason I hardly credit to Airpoints.
What also gets me is the NZ codeshares, where NZ is getting some revenue, also are effected. All the announcements about how the codeshares are to be beneficial to Airpoints members were such a load of "insert profanity".
Enough of the rant, I do like how you can get any seat on an NZ operated flight, it just can cost you a fortune but at least you can get a seat if you want.