FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited
Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:04 pm
leandrorar

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Got the compensation for chasing the 500 Plat thank you amenity

Originally Posted by leandrorar
Of course I shot back. Let's see what happens.
After that mail I have another email telling me "that they analized the account and the compensation was correct", however there was no compensation. I replied that I'm glad they accepted the mistake and awarded me the compensation, but that nobody credited it.

Finally I got the answer I was waiting for:

After reviewing your communication and looking into your account I have credited your Starwood Preferred Guest account with the requested 3,500 points as a gesture of goodwill from Corporate Services.

Please allow 7-10 days for these points to reflect in your account. Thank you.

The 3500 points correspond to 7 stays where the hotels did not credit the welcome amenity.

Now, it took a little for me to post this. I hesitated on if posting this would benefit the whole community and SPG program or if I would just be causing troubles. Bottomline, I think this will benefit SPG.

After reviewing this thread and other posts, its clear that the hotels are recurrently omitting posting these amenities causing problems, annoyance and irritation to Plats, which are the most frequent guests.

It's my opinion that if everybody here requests the same compensation (I don't feel ok calling it "bonus") for chasing these welcome points which as many mentioned in the past are a differentiating benefit for the program, then I'm sure this will raise a flag that will make SPG strong on penalizing the hotels when they do not post them. (Perhaps they create something like the Hilton's US$100 penalty?)

Then hotels will probably dedicate more minutes on their trainings to make their employees understand the SPG policies.

LR