FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AY vs BA to HEL
Thread: AY vs BA to HEL
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:28 am
G-BOAC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
There is always a hot meal on BA too, but the salad was a colder/lighter option, i.e. you have the choice (which, incidentally, AY don't offer - everyone gets the same hot meal except for 'Specials'). However, FinnAir In Catering Shocker! My problems last night were two-fold:

1) The starter was a mere salad with Parmesan and tiny at that. Not up to the usual standards!
2) They ran out of bloody Champagne after one bottle - all that was left was one frozen (solid) one and then sparkling wine. J was back to Row 9 and nearly full. I did notice a lot of people take a champers on the first drinks run before dinner but running out was a first for me! Being the pragmatic go-getter I am, I made the snap decision to switch to the Pinot Noir and comfortably averted the disaster that is sobriety

I was beginning to worry about cutbacks...but thankfully the main course of lamb was absolutely delicious - large portion, really succulent and tender, with a great taste. Also new, they are now using the nice longhaul crystal glassware on the meal trays ^ (At least, it's new since 2 weeks ago).

I still prefer AY Business over CE.