FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - a few good coupon codes
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:16 pm
gregorygrady

Originally Posted by jfunk138
What's the best way to make use of the $20 off coupon at an HLE? Seems like a cheap and easy way to get 5* status at $3 per rental. Pickup car in the morning, use it to commute to work, drop it back off in the evening every day for a week... Do you think anybody would care if I showed up there 5 days in a row for a new rental?
I doubt you'll find a rate during the week that can get you down to $3 per day. If you can, good job, otherwise your best bet might be to pickup on Friday afternoon, return Sat afternoon and then pickup again on Sunday afternoon and drop off Monday afternoon. I'm not sure how it would work if you tried to do 5 straight days of one-day pickups. I don't know how they do the credits..................with hotels if you checkout and then check back in again the same day it counts as the same stay. I dunno if it's a similar case for car rentals or not........................If driving it is too much of a hassle and you really don't even want the rental car, it might just be easier to rent it, drive it off the lot, then back on the lot and turn it back in. That would count for a day and would save you from leaving your car at the HLE for long periods of time....................