FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott celebrity sightings...
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:43 am
Ralph Snart

Programs: United 1P, Marriott Plat, Hertz Plat
If you are ever in Indy for a Colts game, the entire team stays at the Indianapolis Downtown Marriott the night before home games, and uses the ballrooms on the 2nd floor for team meetings on game day.

You're not really allowed up on the second floor during those meetings, but if you play it cool you can usually hang out and get autographs.

After the meetings, the players walk down the stairs, into the lobby (where there is usually a large group of fans waiting and taking pictures and cheering) one by one to pickup their cars up from the valet. I've met Tony Dungy and few other players, just from work I've had going on at that Marriott from time to time.

Last year, my company was holding a conference at that hotel, and we were there on Sunday to do some pre-con prep. When I went to check in, my room wasn't available, so I went up to work in our launch area until my room was ready.

I got a call from the hotel halfway through the Colts unloading process, and convinced one of my coworkers to pretend to be my publicist and walk down the stairs with me.

We waited until Booger McFarland cleared the landing before we started down the stairs. I got a few cheers and pictures taken (I'm 6'7'', 235 lbs, so it's easy to mistake me for a basketball or football player) once we hit the landing.

The front desk supervisor checked us in laughing. He thought it was pretty funny.