FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Sep 20, 2007, 5:11 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guybaxy
As we havd never been to Tokyo before we took the bus from nrt to westin, but to took too long, we arrv at nrt 6.30a, ex qantas fromm syd, waited an hour 7.30 for the bus, and didnt arrive until 9.30am, way too lonmg.

If I ever stayed there again, I would have taken the train to shinjuku and the yamaote line to ebisu, but its a long walk from ebisu station to the westin if you have bags
It would still be cheaper to get the Keisei line to Nippori and the Yamanote line to Ebisu rather than a NEX to Shinjuku (and NEXs to Shinjuku are few and far between). The NEX -Shinjuku-Ebisu option takes 1 hour 30 minutes, the Keisei via Nippori alternative only 10 minutes more with much more frequent trains. If you take the more expensive Skyliner to Nippori, this would be quicker still.

And once at Ebisu (or Meguro) just get a taxi - it will still be cheaper and faster than getting the Limousine Bus to this hotel.

Mind you, if you get a preloaded SUICA card at the airport, the cost difference between a Keisei train and a NEX becomes negligible - the main factor would be how long you'd have to wait for a NEX to Shinjuku (the connection from Keisei to JR Yamanote at Tokyo station is a very long one - 20 mins walk - and best avoided). - EDIT - not Keisei - I meant NEX but got confused with the Keiyo line at Tokyo - railroadtycoon clears this up in the next post - thanks!^

Last edited by LapLap; Sep 21, 2007 at 5:11 am