FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]
Old Sep 15, 2007, 10:44 am
GordonGordon

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by davidjdewey
Gordon,

Thanks for the advice. Since I will be going off-season (If there is such a thing), maybe I will try to do it all with points. I will try to contact the hotel ahead of time to see about the upgrade. I should have my RA status soon, which will help. I will watch out for the Tahitian Flu. Maybe the 4x points promo that's starting next week can help me find a cure!
I have to tell you that when you ask them about the upgrade through email, for sure they will disappoint you by giving you a reply that you will have a one category upgrade, but when you arrive there, it is totally a different story. They will try thier best to accommodate you to your satisfaction. If you will be RA before this Bora Bora trip, then I can say 99% you will get a diamond o/w bungalow.

In addition, if you plan to stay at the IC at Papeete (Tahiti Island) for a night or 2 before heading to Bora Bora (which I don't suggest), they are very stingy for room upgrade even if you pay for the room although the 2 ICs at Bora Bora and IC Tahiti are owned by the same owner.