FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Making water taste good -your favourite drink concentrate
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:02 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bobster
Is there evidence for "bad news for the teeth"?

My dentist said sugar is only bad for the teeth if you keep it in your mouth for a long time. For example, sucking on hard candies all day is bad for the teeth. However, if you consume the sugar in few minutes, such as in a drink form or a candy bar, there is little damage.

If you're worried about teeth, rinse you mouth with water after consuming the sugar.
Yes there is, plenty:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1121749.stm

There is also the problem where sugary drinks are put into bottles with rubber teats and infants suck on these for extended periods. (But this confirms what your Dentist has said).

Personally, I'm not particularly concerned, but there's been a lot of coverage in the UK, particularly about Ribena's 'toothkind' product. The concentrates I've described are certainly not 'Good News' for teeth and they don't seem particularly neutral either. I've announced the 'Bad News', it's up to everyone to gauge how bad that bad news is for themselves. Obviously I still drink them....