FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:51 am
GordonGordon

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by davidjdewey
I have been planning a trip to Bora Bora and this thread has been very helpful. I do however still have a couple lingering questions:

1. How much do things cost once you are down there? Is food and bottled water going to break the bank? What about water taxis?

2. How easy is it to get from Thalasso to main island? I hear a lot of people say it is a pain, but what makes it a pain? Does it take a long time? Is it pricey?

3. What is it that you love about Bora Bora? Is it that much more beautiful than Hawaii or the Carribean?

4. Last question. I am thinking of going with my girlfriend and her sister. Is this one of those places where three is going to be a crowd? I'm not so concerned because we always travel together, but will we be the only people on the island not traveling as a couple?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't mean to sound too thrifty, but I am using miles / points for this trip and I have to keep costs down if I can get away with calling it a "Free trip". Thanks!
This tahiti travel forum below will answer most of your questions, if not all:

http://www.tahiti-explorer.com/forum...s.php?ubb=cfrm

Hope you find it helpful. I can make brief answers to your questions:

1) A bottle of water will cost you at least $5 dollars in the hotel, but you can get complimentary minibar if you are Royal Ambassador. If not, you can load up food, snack and beverages at much cheaper price at the local convenience store across the street outside the front entrance of IC Le Moana.

2) you can take the complimentary shuttle boat provided by IC hotels from IC Thalasso to IC La Moana at the main island. It runs like every hour back and forth from very early in the morning till 10 or 11 something pm. It is pretty easy, no pain at all. The journey takes about 15 mins.

3) Turquoise water, french food and friendly Tahitian make me keep going back there 3 times in 3 years. The place is not as commercial or as crowded as Hawaii.

4) Most of the people who go there are couples, but not unusual to see groups of friends going together.

Last edited by GordonGordon; Sep 14, 2007 at 10:14 am