FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton East Hartford - Leaving Starwood 31 MAR 2011 [Master Thread]
Old Sep 13, 2007, 6:19 pm
mauld

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Perhaps it's just me (or am I getting a complex???) I checked in around 8pm last night, handed over my Plat card and cc and asked about getting a room on the Club floor. I was told sorry, nothing available on that floor-- your room is on 5 (526). Ok, I think?? that should be a SPG floor in any event .... The desk agent hands me my room card, and I then say (as she doesn't ask), by the way, I will take the points as my amentiy. She looks up startled and says, oh-- you're Plat ??? let me put that in ? DUH! I gave her the card, which she looked like she looked at!! So I go to my room on 5, not the SPG floor-- no free water, nothing! The next am (today), I take the elevator up to 8 and just walk into the Club room. As others have said, nothing special-- but they did have hot eggs, juice, cereal, coffee, rolls etc and while small, it was fine. No one asked for an ID, PLAT card or anything. The door was open to all, although inside there was a sign up sheet asking for your initials and room number.
What seemed strange to me, aside from not getting any Plat recognition on any of my stays, was that the front desk never mentined that I could have use of the Club room on any of my stays. Upon checking out this am, I did mention that I would have liked a SPG room, if the Club floor was unavailable-- and she told me to call her before my next stay if I wanted to have it prebooked on either the Club floor or SPG? My reservations are usually made at least 7 days in advance, so we're not talking one or two days notice. If this was a luxury property, or highly desirable-- I could maybe understand, but we're talking East Hartford here, with lots of other hotels in the area. Unfortunately, I do try to steer my stays to Starwood, so I'll just take my chances with my next stays