FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2007, 5:01 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We just completed our third visit to the hotel this year and while the service continues to be top notch and the food is also great (really enjoyed Square One), we had a few blips in our stay this time.

First, the hotel seems to be showing some wear, especially the wood floors and so there was a fair amount of maintenance of that. I actually noticed some scrapes the very first visit we made in Dec 2005, but thought it was just from moving things into the rooms in the opening process.

Second, without any warning the pool was closed for 2 of the days we were there! We typically alternate between a few hours out shopping and then an hour or so cooling in the pool, so this really annoyed us. It was sooo hot outside and we had nothing to do but go inside and take a shower. What really pissed us off is that we had exchanged several emails with the front desk staff about what room we wanted and I would have expected the pool closure to be disclosed in one of the email exchanges we had. Anyway, I was also not impressed with their response to my complaint about the pool closure, it was not really handled at all. I actually put a request in to Gold Passport for a refund of one night or points equivalent to one night, I'll settle for a suite upgrade the next time we return the SGN.