FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - use of disabled parking permit away from home?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:31 pm
CDTraveler

use of disabled parking permit away from home?

I'm relatively new to the world of restricted mobility, and still trying to figure out how some things work. Take parking, for example. I have a disabled parking permit because I can only walk very limited distances (chemotherapy is he!! on the stamina/lung capacity) but I just learned last weekend that it also entitles me to free parking in public lots in California.

Is that true in other states as well?

Are special parking permits accepted as valid by states other than the issuing one? (DH read that they aren't, but can't remember where he read it)

I've also read on-street parking is free with the permit, again, is that correct and is it in all fifty states?

Or is there a url with all this info (and maybe a future FT sticky) for those of us still learning about traveling despite extra challenges?

For me, the cost of parking isn't a big deal, but having close access to my destination makes a huge difference in how much I am able to do these days.