FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pam Ann - One World Alliance
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2007, 9:28 am
Mr H

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
I saw Pam Ann at the Edinburgh Fringe and she was superb. If you were in the front two rows, you were in F so she was nice to you. If you were in rows 3-6 you were in J - so she pretended to be nice to you for a bit, although people couldn't really enjoy themselves knowing that some people were having a much better time in front. Unfortunately I was in Y, so Pam Ann didn't even bother speaking to us.

A Flight Attendant on my day had brought along a Continental amenity kit, which was well received. But there were plenty of other FAs from various airlines. There were also lots of gays. Pam Ann likes FAs and gays, especially when they are the same people.

The show is as others have described - and suring costume changes we had to make do with the in flight videos - mostly of Pam herself but there was an advert break for Marks and Sparks. But by far the funniest bit was Donna from Easyjet. This was a cross between Waynetta Slob (Harry Enfield's TV show) and the Am I Bovvered character - but with a really sad and endearing edge: the dreaming of flying over water, and looking longingly in through the terminal windows at real hostesses (not allowed in the terminal - don't have a passport)...

The amazing part of Pam's routine, though, is managing to understand the sheer mundaneness of frequent flying, along with the unique but predictable scriptedness of each airline. OK, purists might complain that the show is racist and homophobic, but it's all done in the best possible taste!