FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taca Distancia Miles Purchase - This Deal is HOT!
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:37 am
satori

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Taca Distancia Miles Purchase - This Deal is HOT!

Taca Miles Purchase deal
(as a LatinPass 2000 mileage runner, I fondly remember my Taca flights)

There is currently a great opportunity for low-cost mileage awards with United Airlines, Iberia, and Taca.

This deal is HOT!

http://www.taca.com/eng/fre/fear/fearhalpri.asp

For the rest of September 2007 Taca Distancia is selling their airline miles at 50% regular cost for the incredibly low price of 1.25 cents/mile.

As a significant cost-savings kind of deal, particularly for business class travel, I know that posting it here on Flyertalk.com may shut it down, but our community has always been the place to let members and viewers get a jump on the best deals. This is what makes Flyertalk.com the top travel community on the Web. Grab this one quick before it becomes another LatinPass offer. (The LatinPass Million Mile frequent flyer promotion from 2000 was shut down in March 2000 to new registrants, midway through the promotional offer due to overexposure of the great value at low cost. Even though the original promotion allowed registering for the offer through June 2000, new registration ended in March 2000. The point being you should act quickly on this if it looks like a good deal for you because the promotion may end early if it becomes too popular. Taca was a member airline participating in LatinPass.)

“Taca Airlines is celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Taca Distancia.
Imagine all that you can do with more miles. . .

Fly to fascinating places. . . rest in the best hotels. . .drive to new cities. . .

In September, stop day-dreaming and make it happen with our anniversary promotion that allows you to buy as many miles as you wish at half the price!
Miles This month*
2,000 $25
4,000 $50
6,000 $75
8,000 $100
10,000 $125

Restrictions:
Purchase of miles valid at TACA Centers and TACA.com, between September 7th and October 1st, 2007
Minimum purchase required: 1,000 miles
If you wish to buy more than 32,000 Miles, Please make another transaction.
You can make as many transactions as you like
*Prices do NOT include local taxes
All DISTANCIA terms and conditions for redemption of miles apply
Mile purchase fee non refundable. “

How good is this deal?
At $400 for 32,000 miles per transaction you can buy sufficient miles for a variety of awards.

http://www.taca.com/eng/fre/finf/finfbusclacha.asp

Examples of Award Value:

Taca Airline Partners for award redemption:
Business Class Awards: United Airlines, Iberia, Avianca

North America – South America Business Class
70,000 miles Low Season = $875
80,000 miles High Season = $1,000

North America – Europe Business Class:
130,000 miles Low Season = $1,625
150,000 miles High Season = $1,875

North America – Africa, Australia or Asia Business Class:
150,000 miles Low Season = $1,875
170,000 miles High Season = $2,125

Economy Class Award Levels

North America – South America
35,000 miles Low Season = $438
40,000 miles High Season = $500

North America – Europe:
65,000 miles Low Season = $812.50
75,000 miles High Season = $937.50

North America – Africa, Australia or Asia:
75,000 miles Low Season = $937.50
85,000 miles High Season = $1,062.50

While I put most of my effort these days in educating travelers about the major hotel loyalty programs and finding great deals for hotel frequent guests, now and again, there is a terrific airline deal to share. I hope some Flyertalkers will be able to save a great deal of money if you are ready to take advantage of this opportunity with the Taca Distancia frequent flyer program.

Good luck from satori, the loyaltytraveler