FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 7, 2007, 8:12 am
PhillyPhlyer40

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
I was here last night (9/6/07). I will try to be as specific as possible. Bear in mind, I dont stay too often at HR's (Marriott guy here), but since had a match to diamond and will bring a good portion of my stays over to Hyatt.

Valet parking-Quick, and HELPFUL! Almost insisted on helping with my bags, which I didnt need. I think the posted rate was $18/nt. (Had a package, so it was included!)

Checkin-QUICK AND EFFICIENT! The front desk was great. I had a package waiting for me, and this took a few minutes. (NOT the front desk fault). The desk/lobby area were clean, and well air conditioned.

Room-Had a room on the RC level (21st floor). GREAT city views (I love city views though!). Room was clean, "smelled fresh" and well worth the $$$. Bathroom was tiny, but no issues other then size. Desk chair was....sub-par.

RC-Had appetizers in there. ONLY person in the club (except for the attendant). Nice spread was served. TONS of soft drinks out! Nice selection of water-Perier and aquafina. GREAT tasting chicken wings!

Gym-GREAT equipment. NEW (looking) treadmills. Had tv's in them, making the hour+ workout go by fast. Only problem was it was HOT! It seemed as if they closed off a once exterior area and put the treadmills in there! It was 93 or so outside, and felt 110 in the room!!! New equipment, with plenty of it from weights to treadmills to bikes.

Roomservice-^^^ I am an absolute die-hard steak CONNOISSEUR! I ordered the NY Sirloin and onion soup. (I know, shouldve spent 2 hours in the gym). Let me tell you, this steak would blow most restaurants away! It was WELL PREPARED (med-rare), TASTED GREAT ^, had a good sauce, and was a decent size....all for $20 or so! Presentation was great. I didnt even eat the soup as the steak was so good. Came with mashed potato's (again, GREAT) and beans that were cooked perfect! The $40 dinner would be hard to beat as a $90 plate at Mortons!

Overall-I have to say that I stay here again. Not the most convienent to the airport, but WELL WORTH every penny. This stay was way above the night before, where I plunked down 30% more for a FAR INFERIOR product at the Marriott, northwest!