FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which is the best hotel? (2003 - 2007)
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:53 am
derpelikan

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
sgs on award

Originally Posted by QF009
Westin for me anytime as I like sleek, modern and even futuristic decor. Great service too.

I was going to try the SGS because of the rave reviews, but when I went to check it out for a future visit - it reminded me of the typical LC hotel experience, old-style and overly fussy. I also do not like 'traditional' decor.

Plaza has very good service and spacious rooms. But it seems a bit jaded and the decor isn't as sleek as the Westin's. I also prefer the Westin's location.

Haven't tried the ROS as it seems pretty out of the way. "River Views" (or just "views" in general) aren't a selling point for me either.
if you have 3000 points maybe next time you try the ROS as it is the best value for your points in BKK.

as a platinum i got upgraded to a nice renovated suite + lounge acess. the new lounge is very nice too (the location is , but well for 3000 points...)

i think the property in KL is in anther league than the SGS, but well if you like the SGS good for us, as we wont be fighting for upgrades with you at the WGS, Plaza or ROS

in general all SPG properties are acceptable so i guess this is a endless discussion as everybody has different reasons for chosing his hotel.

dp