FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which is the best hotel? (2003 - 2007)
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:21 am
derpelikan

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
suite was really nice

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I agree with you I do not like old English style, old or worn rooms either but I have never had any of these at the SGS. I do not see how the SGS couldfal into th "Old English Style bracket"

I can understand the impact of a bad experience. It certainly seemd to me that the Plaza had a skeleton staffing in contrast to any other BKK hotel I have ever stayed in. Life would be very boring if we all liked the same thing, but since I did not get a suite at the Plaza only a basic and not very pleasant Exec Room, I can only judge on that basis. It seems very strange that we have bothe experienced such polar opposites at 2 seperate properties but thats life I guess. If everyone liked the SGS it would be that much harder to get a suite when I want to stay
hi

the suites i got at the plaza were much better than any suite i have stayed at the SGS.

i have stayed at one suite (seperate living ) than you go to the left (bedroom) and than at the end is the bathroom.

for me the suite was just too oldschool

but anyway all hotels are good in bkk, only the concierge at the ROS is

dp