FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Do You Still Patronize USAirways?
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:09 am
VanTheMan63

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
Originally Posted by DanHag
WN has a much better coach product and airline in general, in my experience as US has gone nose down during the last year or so. The only thing I will not do on WN is have a connection. Absent a necessary connection, I will always fly WN now.
DanHag, I absolutely, positively agree with you, 1,000%. I debate, lively, with people all the time.

If coach is a "must," then give me WN EVERY day of the week over US. The WN coach product is 10 times superior to US.

From my vantage point, US has assigned seating as it's only benny over WN. That's it.

Just the other day, I had to buy a ticket between PVD and ABQ. F-Class wasn't an option as it was sold out on CO and NW...and the very last thing on earth I would ever do is give US "F-Class money" since I believe they are now the worst airline in modern aviation from a product standpoint.

So, I bought WN. I have to connect in BWI....but the price was right, $353, completely refundable....and I'll get a good seat.

I don't fly WN that much....but I do fly them enough to get 1 free roundy a year. And I would say this on the "no assigned seat thing." In all my flights on WN, again, not lots, but a fair number....I've only had a middle seat one time. And it was my own fault, my own doing. I needed to fly from MCI to LAS, showed up at the airport 5 hours early, took an earlier flight, was stand by and the last guy to get on the airplane....that earned me a center seat.

Other times, I've gotten on the airplane last and gotten emergency exit row.

And I can't remember any other flight in 3 or 4 years where I didn't have an aisle.

So all this hatred for WN has never registered with me....nor has it, apparently, with the majority of the flying world as (a.) they are now the number one airline in the US in terms of enplanements (b.) they are the most profitable airline by a long, wide margin and (c.) their balance sheet would make a '90's .com company envious.

That kind of stuff doesn't happen "because they suck."

I couldn't agree with your assertion more.