FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All electronics must be removed from bag.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 1:05 pm
bzbdewd

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I have to add a quick PS to this... one of the TSO's had a young man pulled aside - obvious newbie flyer and he had all kinds of liquid stuff - gels etc all full sized. She was explaining the "liquids" rules in a kind and quiet manner - none of the bullying we see so often. He moaned a little when she took the toothpaste since it was a new tube. She said "Yeah I know, I'm sorry!"

I still don't agree with the whole concept but at least they were very polite about it. Makes the medicine go down a whole lot smoother. Tucson is our 'home port' though we don't get there very often. Nice to see they can do an ugly job without being ugly dispositioned.
Originally Posted by bzbdavid
To be fair, my wife and I are sitting at Tucson, Arizona airport right now. The TSA folks here we INCREDIBLY nice, polite, professional and just...well... personable.

I commented to the supervisor that I was very impressed with the TUS TSA staff and asked if there were any comment cards.... Funny, and sad, statement on the TSA.... the guy went through his filing cabinet and could not find one for a compliment.... he had plenty of "things went wrong" forms... and no "we did a good job" forms....

Oh, and the external hard drives that were the subject of so much concern to the BOS TSA....went through with no problems..... as did all the digital cameras, etc...

So.... Way to go TUS TSA!!!! They are the only ones that I do not dread...