FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Charged For a Platinum Upgrade at US Grant Hotel San Diego
Old Sep 1, 2007, 6:02 pm
imverge

Originally Posted by EquityMind
You know, now that you mention it, they were not clear on whether they would put me in a room with two beds as I had originally requested, and that appeared to be an issue as the agent searched for a room (the whole process took around 15 - 20 minutes btw).
Kind of makes you question if they ever had that room w/ two beds available when you checked in... hmmmm.

Reminds me of a similar situation in Washington, where I reserved a king size bed but when I checked in at 3:30pm they tried to talk me into a "Premium Suite" for $100 more a night w/ Club Access. I reminded the clerk that I was Platinum and had Club access so that was of no extra value. "Oh ya" was his response. Anyhow, I declined. After 10 minutes of typing away and a visit to the back office I was given the "Premium Suite" at no extra charge because my room was "not ready".

I didn't know if I was happy that I got the suite or that I hadn't gotten suckered into paying for it.