FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maui Marriott Ocean Club, HI [Master Thread]
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:03 pm
Bellezza28

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold, Aeroplan Elite
Question Marriott Maui Ocean Club Timeshare Presentation Deal

Hi,

We was just referred recently by someone who is an owner from Marriott Vacations. A Marriott representative called us and offered us a $750 deal for 5 nights 6 days at Marriott Maui Ocean Club with a Hertz rental car plus $50 gift certificate. I just got a confirmation number today for an Ocean View Master Suite.

I was just wondering what building I can expect to be in? Did anybody do this presentation deal and what kind of rooms did they get? I think it's a good deal but I don't want them to stick me in the back with the dumpsters! We are really thinking of buying and want to experience the resort so getting a good impression is important.

Would it be a good idea to email the GM 2 weeks or so before our stay to request a specific section/tower, or will this be considered pushy considering I am not an owner and going on a cheap deal?

Also, we had originally made a reservation thru Marriott.com for an ocean view 1 bedroom villa in the Lahaina tower for the whole duration. We will be staying in the villa for the first night (nov 2) then our 5 nights at $750 from nov 3-8. Since we are already in the Lahaina villas, do you think they will move us or can they let us stay for the other 5 nights? I am Marriott Rewards Gold member (if it makes any difference!)

Thanks.