FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I split the reservation for upgrade chances (YVR-MSP
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:44 pm
NWA_CSA

Programs: NWA Plat, UA PE
Award Ticket UPG?

Just so you know, gate agents for NW are not allowed to upgrade elite members traveling on WP tickets, unless they are plat, and only in special cases, silver and gold members are never to be upgraded when traveling on WP award tickets. Some think that this is not a big deal, but NW is starting to watch us gate agents more closely, and I am not so willing to lose my job just because a silver or gold member is getting all riled up about an upgrade. We can look in your WP account and see where you got your miles, how many you have, and how long you have had status. The last thing I am interested in doing is upgrading someone who doesnt deserve it. Oh, there is also another "rule" that NW has for gate agents, seats cannot be released until 30mins prior to departure, therefore gate upgrades are not able to be processed from the PPL until then. So, just hang out, we will call you in order of status!