FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interview with UA VP of Customer Service Barbara Higgins
Old Aug 26, 2007, 6:32 pm
lucky9876coins
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbz
Just wondering what about this is a great story? United took people to the wrong city, left them on the plane for hours while they tried to find a gate and staff to offload the plane, and then some executives bought MacDonalds, and some ice and water, on their company cards.

So to recap. Long delay mostly under United's control (ever hear of preplanning? Could no one call ahead to MKE and get them started finding a gate and crew once the decision was made to divert, or even prior to this specific plane's decision, given that flights were likely to divert?).

Bare basic minimums provided to passengers and only because executives were onboard.

If this an advance in customer service then, no offense, I will have some of whatever Kool-Aid you are drinking.
My apologies, you are correct. Heck, not only did UA plan this diversion ahead of time to annoy passengers, but they purposely made sure there wouldn't be a gate ready. How could I be so naive?

Last edited by lucky9876coins; Aug 26, 2007 at 6:41 pm