FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Denied *G Lounge Access in LAX
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2007, 1:20 pm
david7031

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, IHG Plat, HH Silver, DB BahnComfort
Hi Roschi,

Thanks for the post. As others have said, I did actually get into the lounge, as things are supposed to be. It was the fact that a senior agent tried to convince me that it was not allowed that got me the most upset. I got the impression that each airline pays a per-guest fee to whoever operates the lounge for Star Alliance, because the lounge attendants very carefully write down the name and flight number of every guest -- and my suspicion was that this guy just wanted to save Swiss some money! But as the other posters have said, it is probably unfair to let a first impression weigh so heavily...

Originally Posted by rorschi
Hi David,

although I have the reputation to be mostly pro-LX-minded (but this is a matter of principle, as every Swiss has to be), I understand your disappointment.

-Bringing a guest into the lounge is an official feature for all *-Golds, especially when it is a *-Lounge. Period.

-Row 7 is indeed the worst one on the RJ100, and LX is aware about this. There is (or was - at least with Crossair many years ago...) even a remark about this in the check-in-system, as for rows with non-reclining seats. So I wonder why they assign this row to a *G. But even as a *G-member of LX's own FFP I got this row already assigned - and even better - the last row of an MD80 two weeks ago (OK, always managed to change).

The first impression always leaves a mark. And I guess that the negative points could be a reason for a little customer-feedback... (and for a few miles into your account?).