FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Court Says Travelers Can't Avoid Airport Searches
Old Aug 23, 2007, 1:48 am
DEVIS

Programs: AA PLT, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by tsadude1
TSA doesn't need the tools to ID drugs, that's why you call the LEO's with the druggie test kit. If you find anything that looks suspicious it gets reported.
While I am perfectly OK with reporting drugs and drug dealers to the authorities, the matter of the fact is that by doing that you are going beyond your training and authority.
Your job is to screen passengers for weapons and explosives, take away bottles of water and shaving cream, tell us to take the shoes off our feet and laptops out of our bags, pass down the trays, harrass grandmothers because "you never know nowadays" and mothers with toddlers because they spilled some water on the floor and for that reason they are "suspicious"

So, do ONLY the job you are trained to do. Bark orders from 20 feet away and take away my shampoo bottle. God knows I could blow up a plane with my bottle of Herbal Essence.

You want to go above and beyond? How about being a DECENT HUMAN BEING to other decent human beings. And how about actually FINDING a bomb or a gun.

Unless of course, TSA is an extension of LEOs... From the passengers' point of view it certainly seems so.