FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GF in coach?
Thread: GF in coach?
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2007, 6:37 pm
usavvy2

Programs: Delta Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton & Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Pinky
My friend is Platinum and bought his live-in girlfriend a ticket from LA-NY. Only he was upgraded so he took the upgrade and she had to sit in coach. He said it's fair because he's Plat, he has to travel all the time and he bought her ticket. She never gets to fly in F and this was a vacation they took together.

Do you think he should have given her the F seat, should he have sat next her in coach and given his upgrade to the next person on the list, or did he do the right thing? I am in agreement with her about #1 or #2 personally...

Since they are debating and there are other posts about this on FlyerTalk, I said I would post this here so they can read the feedback.

He could get another upgrade on their return flight this week so your posts could have an impact on his behavior...
how much does he like her?!. Seriously though, if he's flying all the time he probably occasionally gets to sit in FC, so why not be generous and give it to her who has never flown FC?

I've ALWAYS given my FC upgrade to my DH when only one of us makes the grade (he's generously my senior).