FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa {US-FL}
Old Aug 20, 2007, 2:59 pm
charlie'smom

Programs: hilton diamond
sandestin, florida trip report

Just returned from week's stay at Hilton Sandestin Resort. We had an ocean view suite which included a fridge, microwave, and wet bar (as well as a sofa bed and a table with two chairs). I thought the room and the bath area were in good condition. The hotel has two outdoor pools and an indoor pool. The indoor pool came in handy as a place to escape the sun (and heat) for awhile. The beach is lovely (soft, white sand) and the water was warm and clear with a greenish cast. I thought the public areas of the hotel were in good condition too. As a diamond member we received coupons for complimentary continental breakfast (which could be upgraded for $6 to a full breakfast). The buffet food was plentiful and tasty. Now the downside...if you wish to utilize the hotel's beach umbrellas (with two chairs), there is a daily charge of $38 - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Note: either plan to bring your own umbrella and chairs or go to Wal-Mart and purchase some to use. I would suggest you do not support this form of hotel blackmail.