FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Must Now Have All Points in Hilton Honors Account Before Booking Reward Reservation
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:56 am
tfmpa

Programs: DL,HH Gold,SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni SG
Originally Posted by hhoope01
....Now I could see a possible issue with persons who aren't Diamond level. If they have to wait until they have the points to make a reservation, award availability may no longer be available for the dates they need. That could put a damper on your vacation plans.
count me in that group. Just got gold and I was about to book a 5 night stay for next May but only have 3.5 nights worth of points. Trying to decide whether I should go ahead and reserve the 3 nights now, or wait and see. There are two hotels in the city I am staying at, so I will probably keep checking and if one runs out of availability I'll reserve for as many nights as I can at that point.

I also have Marriott points I had planned to use for another city. As a backup, I am making multiple Marriott reward reservations and will cancel as necessary. I have mixed feelings about that though, as I'm not sure if it is unfairly taking up reward space.