FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DUS: no more Business Jets from 2008, widebody rumours [merged]
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:15 am
supermasterphil

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by djohannw
Actually CO is doing very good out of CGN from what I have heared, especially in their front-cabin. And they cater a different crowd on their EWR-flight, which is people connecting to varoius US-destinations (EWR-DUS has no such potential, and ORD is not that well-suited for connections to east-coast and Florida). So I think CO sees things still rather relaxed...DL however with their ATL flight might have a different feeling as they currently have problems filling their 763 with enough yield.

But you make a very good point about LH's capacity to EWR. There are:

LH 484 FRAEWR 0815 1115 73W
LH 408 DUSEWR 1000 1220 343
LH 402 FRAEWR 1245 1510 744
LH 412 MUCEWR 1515 1820 343
LH 482 FRAEWR 1715 1959 333

That's a lot of seats waiting to be filled now...

Greetings - Dirk
Disagree. I have been to the last two Continental MiniDos in the US and both times I talked to the Continental guy about EWR-CGN-EWR. The route to CGN is one of the weakest they have, I guess more competition can only hurt them. Whatever you hear from the airport in Cologne how great this flight to New York is doing is bogus. Furthermore, the availability of first class seats on this flight is always wide open, so I have my doubts they sell enough business seats as desired.

I am curious if LH will be able to fill up all mentioned flights. They will have to take one out again, I didn't know they would also bring LH 482/482 back...