FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US or Australian Passport?
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2007, 4:12 am
Rose2455

Programs: Qantas Frequent Flyer Program
Interviewed?

I have not traveled internationally since 1995! I had no idea that we would be interviewed. Can you please explain the procedure? I would also like to be very clear on our carry on baggage. I understand that I must bring all liquids in a small clip lock clear plastic bag - our only requirements will be something like chapstick, eye drops, moisturiser. My husband and I will need to bring at least 2 days supply of medication and will carry prescriptions (will I be able to fill an Australian prescription in the US?) in case of lost bags. Do these medications need to be in the original box with the chemist labels on them? Can we both take a bag on board (of a predetermined size) as well as my handbag? Can we take any food on board (Qantas is not known for their superior cuisine - I'm only talking muesli bars type things). Anything else I should be aware of? I will buy locks for our bags (the kind airports have keys for) - I presume they will be thoroughly searched as will any carry on bags if we are allowed any. Once we get through the airports I'm hoping to have a great 5 weeks holiday!!