FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD Immigration
Thread: ORD Immigration
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:20 pm
vienna

Cool ORD Immigration

Good Morning All! I am a newbie and would appreciate answers to 2 questions:
I am an EU Citizen (Austria), my husband is American, we currently reside in the Middle East.
We will be going to the US next year for a visit after a 2.5 year absence, so I am not personally familiar with the fun of Kippie Bag, shoe removal and so on. In the Middle East as well as in Europe these things are handled on the lighter side, with more courtesy and consistent regulations.
We are used to "special attention" from the Immigration officials because of where we come from, which is OK. I lived in the US for 15 years, was a Permanent Resident, followed the rules given by the INS in California on how to maintain the Residence when living outside the US but my Green Card was taken away on a whim 2.5. years ago by an overzealous Passport Person who needed his 15 min of power!
My questions are: Since my husband is American and I am a lonely visitor now, can we both go through the US Citizen Passport check or will they make me go to the visior lines?
We will be flying AMS-ORD-GSO and return. Upon return, we will go through security in Greensboro,NC, then fly to ORD waiting for the connection to AMS.
Will we be required to go through security again in ORD (national to international departure)?
Thank you in advance for any answers! Happy stressfree travels!!!