FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The End is Near
Thread: The End is Near
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2007, 8:03 pm
eyechip

Programs: On the cusp of elite level with Pan Am and Sabena.
Originally Posted by pinniped
Hmph. Methinks we're gettin' trolled. There's no way that someone who flies a minimum of 175k BIS per year - and probably a lot more than that - isn't already milking the hell out of the credit card game. I mean, you gotta use a card to buy those tickets, right? And buy all of the hotel rooms that go with that volume of travel??

I think eyechip already has a UA Platinum Visa for those 100k+ miles of UA purchases, an SPG Amex, maybe a Thank You Network card for the AA/CO purchases, and maybe a Marriott or HH credit card if he stays at either of those. Plus he's talking about int'l travel, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's a Diner's Club or a traditional Amex charge card in his wallet too.

He's a road warrior and he's found Flyertalk. There's no way he's not doing this. He's just havin' a little Friday evening fun with us.
Trolled? Whew..I haven't been accused of that since I lived in the Castro District in the early eighties!

Yes, Amex points. Which I transfer to my CO program. But I still can't keep up. I would gladly love to see the affinity card program end in exchange for a simple mileage or revenue exchange on dollars spent or miles flown. It would leave the FF programs for the people who actually fly.

I mean let's open our eyes here...the airlines have ultimitly involved us all in one of the biggest shell games in history??