FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Guest List
Thread: Gold Guest List
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2007, 2:23 pm
convair

Well I had GGL partially let me down on my first call. Called them few days ago to book non-available miles seats in club at short notice to CTA for 3 pax, worked fine, got the seats, albeit a week later than we were seeking. 2 of the pax need to travel into LGW from Dublin the flight and I intended to ticket it separately as a revenue flight as I expected easy availability and didnt want to waste miles. Only problem the return leg had a 65 minute stopover which made me nervous so I phoned back GGL and asked could they reticket the entire route as a miles itinerary so they'd have a through ticket (and a hotel if the connection failed). Couldnt do it, their first response being "you've used up your annual entitlement for us to be flexible" which struck me as pretty d*** inflexible and bureacratic considering the whole point of the GGL is to be a little flexible and non-bureaucratic ... particularly given it was an amendment to a flight only booked a couple days earlier on the GGL line and there was no availability issues on the DUB-LGW sector. Anyway somehow the call cut off for technical reasons, and when I called them back to query their decision, the second response (from a different person) was that they couldnt reticket cos I'd likely lose the LGW-CTA seats in the process, me again thinking why couldnt they hold them somehow for 5 minutes. Left me wondering wouldnt they be better off looking through the pile of bags on the T4 hardstanding for my bag missing from a CDG flight since July 4th (45 days coming up soon...).

Last edited by convair; Aug 10, 2007 at 3:00 pm