FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Wants to Know Where I'm Going
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:23 pm
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by DCA TSO
Thanks Andy, I hope that I was one of these screeners you are referencing.

I'm quitting my job as a screener and in September I'll be doing something else. The job as a screener was getting more and more intolerable. I think the final straw came when I learned that TSOs will be assuming the duties of: ticket checker, liquids tester, and bin runners. We don't have enough screeners to get people out of the fishbowl or do bag checks or sometimes to rotate out someone who's been on x-ray or WTMD for an hour. And the hiring by TSA of only part-time screeners has been disastrous, at least at my airport. Most of them are quitting or planning to quit because they cannot sustain being forced to work 5 days a week but only being allowed to work 5-hour days. These new hires have the option of working full-time, "split shift", if they want to start work at 4:45 am and work until 10:30 am and then be back at 1 pm and work until 4:30 pm (um, like, let me see if the Chinese labor camp has a better offer). Some new, good quality screeners have requested if they could at least work 6 hrs. x 4 days per week. They were denied. Meanwhile you have full-time uber-loafers who don't do a damn thing, b!tch about passengers and treat them like dirt, text message on x-ray, WTMD, and every other position and they're getting these $3000 Kip Hawley PASS bonuses!

So, I'm out of TSA and I'm out of FT. This is my last post and, au revoir friends, I'm signing off.
Hey, you're welcome! Yes, you were one of them.

You don't have to leave this forum, tho - stick around, like Superguy suggested. Or at least change your name so you won't be seen as "one of them" anymore by some people.