FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Intl First Class is a Poor Product
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2007, 4:03 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
*** Deleted references to now-edited post***
For the record, there is no reason, at least no valid reason, not to provide a customer your name. Since you'd like to get all technical, the validity of the reason is determined by me, the customer, not the employee.

Oh, and get Firefox it has spell check built in, and if your worried about security (from your earlier post) you should know better than to use IE.
Debates about this matter resurface repeatedly on FT. I tend to agree with ryan182. But I think the real problem is that UA has never bothered to make clear what its policy is regarding what if any ID info employees are required to supply customers. AFAIK, other airlines don't state their policies either.

Prompted by one such debate some time ago, I emailed UA to ask what the policy is and, IIRC, got back and posted a response stating that employees must supply their full names. But an FA (Liz???) on FT questioned it, correctly pointing that the nature of the response made it seem like the person sending it was just winging it (so to speak) and not really articulating company policy. I didn't pursue the matter any further.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Aug 9, 2007 at 2:04 pm Reason: See reason in first line above