FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US seat sale to LHR
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:51 am
yyzjim

Programs: Aeroplan Elite SPG Gold
These fares are showing up on airfarewatchdog, it says they are available on orbitz and ac.com. The orbitz price is a little higher, I guess they add some booking fee? I don't know Orbitz at all, do you get EQM? At these fares? I don't see how to show the fare basis, but I do see "web special" so I am thinking no EQM. I went back to do some more reading and found out about this airfarewatchdog. Are they any good? I guess it is something new because I am not sure if they have their facts straight, according to them this is an "* Unadvertised sale. This sale is not advertised and could disappear at any moment.", rather than just regular base pricing.

The fares are still not on ITA as I mentioned in my original post. My mistake was thinking that all fares would be seen using tools such as farecompare, ITN, and ITA. I had read about fares "loading" and such and thought I had a pretty good handle on things. I also learned ITA saw some of the fares, when someone mentioned SEA-LHR and SEA-HKG, I checked them and ITA was right on SEA-HKG but not SEA-LHR.

It would be nice if people responded to the actual questions being asked or contributed something useful instead of posting what I feel are confusing, out of context responses. On the other hand, thanks Rejuvenated, I never heard of ARC before you mentioned it. This is the kind of information that is useful to me. ITA doesn't match, and this tells me there is a reason why. Sorry to have to ask more, I checked the FT glossary, and did a search through the forum, found something about members of ARC, what is ARC?

While I am new to FT, I have taken the time to read the FAQ's and the mileage runner's tools posts. I have done my part, I am not in the mileage run forum posting about the Air Canada Fall Seat Sale. I appreciate this fare anomoly being pointed out to me as I am here to learn, it would also be helpful to know if there are US carriers that are doing this from YYZ to their US hubs and then on to LHR for $200 r/t ++. I don't think it would be of interest to me, unless it earns EQM, but others may be interested in a cheap fare. I apologize if this has been discussed thousands of times here already.

One more question: if AC.com says a flight earns 100% status miles, does it? I am not sure if this is the same as an "if a tree falls" question, I don't mean it to be, so if it is could someone let me know.