FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetConnects 'On Time' performance
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:03 am
ZK-JTP

Hi everybody,
Well, I have to say I agree with everything here - our OTP is often shocking due to mechanical delays, crewing problems etc, but with our aircraft being used all day with 30 minute turns domestically, it makes it near on impossible to pick up the slack.

Management has aknowledged in a recent meeting that we need to make more informed PA's during disrupt situations instead of "Mechanical Reasons" - more often than not you will find a flight has been delayed on sector one, and the delay just continues on for the rest of the day.

Rest assured, when we are running late all your crew make an effort to pick it up. CSMs will encourage the crew to assist in cleaning the aircraft for a faster turn. Crack out the vacuum cleaners and get going ;D

You want to get there on time, and we want to get you there on time. We know we're the smaller airline, we know we fly old planes, and we know you get angry at us sometimes. But I personally enjoy delivering excellent service to my customers, and love seeing our passengers return time after time. Basically I just wanted to say it's not all hiding behind excuses: A lot of the crew really will make the extra effort to pick up the slack.

I think I know the ground crew you're talking about too (the sucks lemons one!) but there's a few nice NZ ground staff in Wellington. There does seem to be the attitude of "Your just J.C so it doesn't matter if you're late" - but I don't think there's much to be done about that =/
- ZK-JTP