FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Board Stickies - Your thoughts....
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2007, 3:20 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8707/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

I agree there should only be two or three stickies max. IMHO one should be the BA Guide sticky, and the other the U****** thread. People talk about it having an "historic" purpose, but I suspect that is a measure of its success in deflecting the ubiquitous "How do I upgrade my V class ticket to FIRST for free" post. Although I suppose it's all fresh meat for the prod...
Completely agree with this. Before we had 'best' seat queries, there were upgrade queries. By the bucket load. Which is why ScottC started the original upgrade thread, superceeded by G-BOAC's efforts.

Which will you all find more annoying - one extra sticky at the top of the page, or many threads asking about how to get a free upgrade a week (and people posting getting huffy when told to pay for it!)? The flood of them into the board prior to ScottC's thread was why they started to be called u******... because the regulars didn't dare mention them, they were such a sore point. Now it could be FTers have changed and aren't looking for free upgrades any more - but what do you guys think?