FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Tokyo, Japan 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:45 pm
websterlewis

Programs: Starwood Plat, CX Gold
Originally Posted by railroadtycoon
I wouldn't go to say all other Starwoods in Tokyo are of poor quality, especially the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo which is a new entry into SPG. I would say each property provides its own ups and downs and serves a multitude of purposes depending on the traveler.
I stayed a few times at the Sheraton Miyako when it first moved over to SPG as the price was quite a bit cheaper than Westin, but ultimately very disappointed. The rooms have been ok renovated but they did not bother touching the air distribution system and with 99% of the rooms having sealed windows this was a big problem for me - hence the relegation to the poor zone

Everything about the hotel IMHO is quite a lot of notches below the Westin (often but not always reflected in the price) and you would be very hard pushed to find decent eating options within a short walking distance - believe me I tried!

Having said that, if they ever sort out the air-con I would definitely consider going back for the occasional one nighter and anyone less sensitive than me to oxygen in-take should consider it if price matters above other considerations.

Ultimately Starwood should have a lot more impressive collection of hotels in one of the world's greatest cities than it currently has - with only the Westin being in any way or form a top class hotel.