FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Board Stickies - Your thoughts....
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2007, 5:19 am
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

My person preference is to avoid sticky overload. These are my thoughts on the 4 current stickies:

Read this first - The Ultimate BA Guide
No teflon coating needed - this thread deserves a good dollop of UHU. ^

List of all known issues with ba.com (and related BA Policy)
It still serves a useful purpose - more to regulars than new members of the community, so I am inclined to vote for this one to be untethered.

Ultimate guide to what routes have BA's new clubworld seat
Or should this now be which routes do not feature NCW 2.0?

I expect discussion on this shall continue, most probably peaking again once the 777 embodiment comes on line. Does it still warrant ever present sticky status? Probably yes as it allows containment of discussion avoiding ad hoc posting of related threads. Having said that, I hold no strong feelings on this.

ULTIMATE BA Upgrade Guide - For All Your Upgrade Questions!
I would like to see this incorporated into a single ultimate "read this first" guide. Jenbel raised a good point about its historic purpose and this shouldn't be overlooked but I am confident with some clever rewording along the lines as suggested by G-BOAC, this can still be achieved with a single, all-encompassing ultimate thread,

As a postscript, I'd like to add that I have read suggestions over on the TalkBoard Topics forum that a stickied link to the Travel & Dining: UK & Ireland forum be added here. I would be firmly against such a proposal, for no reason other than I not a fan of superfluous stickies.