FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Board Stickies - Your thoughts....
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2007, 4:11 am
Shuttle-Bored

And to kick this off, the views from the other thread:

Originally Posted by BraniffLuvr
I agree. Too many stickies makes any board look messy, and reduces space for more topical front page issues/threads.
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
I am normally a big advocate of avoiding sticky overload - but I think the reason there were always 2 stickies for the main guide and upgrades was that 'upgrades' was yakked about SO much by visitors popping in to see how they could 'score' them without paying a cent that calling it out separately not having it in a longer guide some people (sadly) can't be bothered to look at was more effective.

What does everyone else think? Perhaps we could try merging it in to the main guide and see if there's any major impact - it could always be unmerged if needed later. Perhaps the main guide could be renamed "Read this first - The Ultimate BA, BAEC and Upgrades Guide!" or similar?
Originally Posted by Jenbel
I agree that we need a separate thread for the Upgrade sticky, just because with 'upgrade' in the title it's slightly more noticeable. Going back over my considerable time on the board before we had an upgrade sticky, the most commonly asked question wasn't 'which seat' it was 'I'm travelling on BA with no status and will never fly them again, how do I get an upgrade?' type variants. I really don't want to see all those threads returning again - people used to get quite upset when told they'd need to pay
Originally Posted by matthewuk
Am personally not a fan of lots of sticky threads - the Ultimate Guide is obviously the Ultimate Sticky though. Not convinced the 'List all problems with BA.COM' warrants a sticky and I think the 'Upgrade' sticky should be referenced in the Ultimate guide now to be honest.