FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Baggage Lost / Delayed / Stolen / Damaged Thread
Old Aug 3, 2007, 10:19 pm
derpelikan

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
lufthansa

Originally Posted by cobberjoe
As I mentioned, I received an initial response asking for a receipt for the old car seat. I looked for it a bit, but could not find it.

Now, today, I received a form letter from Lufthansa with the full amount of my original claim for the new car seat the the other supplies we purchased.

According to the letter, a check for about $189 should arrive in about 14 days.

Hooray for Lufthansa! (It seems quite likely that it was US Airways fault that anything was lost at all.)

cobberjoe
yes as i said, if LH is the last carrier you were flying on, its the best could happen to you. LH pays without any problems and you dont need the original receipts. you just need to present the receipt for the newly bought items and they will compensate that price.

LH is ^^^ if your baggage is lost.

sometimes the airlines try to sneakout and try not to pay the 1000XDR but as they are required to do so buy law, if you write a letter or two, they will finally pay. as 1000 XDR is around 1700USD , it is from my point of view worth writing 1-2 letters to them.

dp