FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - la casa que canta...questions (Zihuatanejo, Mexico)
Old Aug 3, 2007, 2:49 pm
karenkay
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
la casa que canta...questions (Zihuatanejo, Mexico)

yes, i've searched.

was wondering if anyone had any recent info on the casa in zihuatanejo, mexico, and if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to book. we're andrew harper members, and i'm happy to book with them, unless i'd be better off with virtuoso? i've never booked anything through the latter, so i'm clueless about them and all suggestions would be welcome.

my plan is to book a mid range category and hope for an upgrade; do NOT want to book the lowest category rooms in any event. any way to increase our chances of getting an upgrade?

i've done a fair bit of homework about this property both on and off ft, and i think it's just what we're looking for. we'll be going for a week probably later this month, or early sept. mr kk has gotten itchy and wants a vacation...so i get to plan one! ^ i know it'll be hot and might be rainy...but hopefully it won't rain every day, and if it does, we'll just have to make the best of it. somehow.

as an aside, for anyone who's been there, will we need to rent a car if we want to eat off property with some regularity or are there good options on the beach? i'm sure there are in town, which i've read is a $2-4 cab ride...but we might want to walk, weather permitting.

one more thing...i don't have an amex platinum, but could get one if there's a reason to. would that make a difference with this property?

Last edited by karenkay; Aug 3, 2007 at 2:54 pm Reason: add another question