FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Intra-european W - refund possible?
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2007, 8:16 am
andre1970

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by rorschi

I just got a similar very abasing phone-call from the Russian Embassy in Berlin, that they will not issue my tourist-visa because my passprt is slightly damaged on the first page

After I had troubles this week because of my health-insurance (it's a swiss insurance, but I'm leaving in Germany - everything is official, of course), they finally accepted this matter and called me today with the other excuse.

So my chapter for trying a trip to Russia is closed - no chance to get another passport and a visa for flying there on Aug. 17th. I told them also that even the North Korean embassy didn't make problems because of my passport (stamps visible inside...). Honestly, I'm no more unhappy for not expensing any money in Russia under these circumstances.

For my LH-flight to SVX, of course the rules for cancelling my award-ticket apply. So my expenses were 40€ for the flight-cancelling, 50€ for getting the invitation from VOSTOK-travel in Berlin and about 30€ for sending my passport all around Germany by mail (the abasement from the Russian embassy was priceless )...
That ain't nothing compared to what the actual trip would cost to you:

According to a very recent study, the average price of a cup of coffee in Moscow is EUR 4.64 (resp. EUR 2.30 in Paris using the same measure). My guess is that they had their infos about you and tried to save you from financial distress!