FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Leipzig, Germany [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2007, 2:14 am
inyourvillages

Programs: legions, foreign and domestic
just wanted to throw my two cents in...doesn't seem to be any posts, post-renovation.

this is a really nice looking hotel. the lobby space is cool, the bar area is cool. the elevators and hallways are cool. flat-screen TVs in the rooms, comfortable beds (don't think they're heavenly, but the german-style comforter and big pillow combo), nice big showers (again, not heavenly, but really nice, maybe better?).

i felt like it was an incredible bargain for 3K points. I think it's much nicer than some of the cat 3s i've stayed in (krakow sheraton, for example...very nice, but the westin leipzig just really shines right now). couldn't believe that a weekend stay there was just 3000 points. compared to a lot of the cat 2 properties in the states i've seen, particularly.

i don't have starwood status anymore, i'm in point-burn mode, so i had no recognition, obviously. but the standard room is pretty nice. and i was on floor 20, looking over the city. great view.

free high-speed internet in the room (!?)...can borrow their cable for a 15 euro deposit.

free bottled water (usually 3,50) just for being SPG member

only weird thing: the bathroom is 2cm or so above the rest of the room, and there's a metal lip there. i can't imagine that people aren't constantly stubbing their toes on these lips. i cut open the bottom of my foot once, and the top of my toe later. very odd. maybe you get used to it, or maybe i shuffle my feet, who knows.

even the minibar beer wasn't too bad at 3,20.

so highly recommended, particularly at the price/point level. just watch your feet when you go to the bathroom.