FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Louis City Center Sheraton [Master Thread]
Old Jul 31, 2007, 9:33 pm
dartagnan

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Sheraton St. Louis City Center Trip Report

Stayed here last night, 7/30/2007, on a $67 hotwire rate (82.xx after taxes & fees). Test driving for a potential romantic weekend with the girlfriend this weekend- after this test drive, however, I decided to change my reservation to the Westin St. Louis.

Checked in about 10 pm, presented my Platinum card (not expecting anything), and the woman was exceptionally nice, thanked me for my loyalty, chatted a bit about the area, wondered why I was only in for a few hours, etc. Got checked in, took only a few minutes, since no one else was around.

Was in room 686, a King standard room (no upgrade, understandable due to Hotwire), located facing the interior atrium of the hotel, on the 6th floor.

Good:
- Room was huge, had a large open area and plenty of space to move around, as well as a sofa.
- Friendly staff, willing to help both at checkin and checkout
- Always comfortable bed (well, at least part of it)
- Minibar selections were very reasonably priced (large bottle of tea was only $3.)
- Person in the morning comped my parking as an apology for the no pillows to sleep on (see below)
- The price

Bad:
- No foam pillows in room (allergic to feathers). Called and asked for some, they didn't have any. The hotel certainly didn't seem that busy. Had to sleep the entire night with a pillow from the sofa.
- Toilet was busted and ran all night long. No problem, I just shut the bathroom door and didn't hear it.
- No booze or soda in the minibar? Weird. Just 1 tea and 2 red bulls.
- The open windows to the atrium led to some weird guy looking into my room from the hallway until I shut the curtains. Definitely not a good choice for a romantic weekend.

All in all, I wouldn't stay there again, even for the low price. I'd probably pick one of the other many hotels downtown on a similar hotwire price.