FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BWI Screening stinks.
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2007, 6:54 pm
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
BWI Screening stinks.

Mrs. GHF, who was already unhappy because she had to stay at a hotel near BWI last night instead of coming home nearly missed her flight today because of the TSA screening process.

1 hour and 10 minutes to clear security for the A/B concourse at 8:30 this morning.

Part of the problem was that the ID Checkers (note that they're TSA employees) decided to walk away for a while. The customers - who had already been waiting for over an hour - didn't know when they'd return, so at least 50 of the customers (followed by the others) proceeded on their own to the screening stations, where they were chewed upon by the WTMD personnel. My wife was one of the 50, but not the first in line. When the WTMD folks chewed upon the customers, the lead customer in each line chewed back about the wait time and the TSA folks vanishing. That then led the WTMD folks to check boarding pass and ID, find a pen, and mark that they checked the boarding pass (the last being really stupid, IMHO).

Mrs. GHF reports that the line snaked around the ropes, and extended almost to the DL check-in postion in Terminal C for the left-side screening stations, and was out the door of the terminal for the right-side stations. There were only three X-Ray/WTMD devices in use on the left side.

Heads up for those headed to BWI on Saturday AM. Much as I loathe BWI - for a lot of reasons - her experience with screening there is the worst I've ever heard of.