FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO Is Uncompetitive with Lifetime Benefits
Old Jul 27, 2007, 2:57 pm
cova

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chasbondy
I've read on this board that people have become Platinum for under $2,000 out of pocket. I can't imagine how that is done. And CO probably loses money on those types?? But I'm not big on giving lifetime benefits to those who've learned how to work the system to the max (not that there is anything wrong with that). The Plats who pay through the nose for F and BF, year after year are a different story, and they should be considered. Lifetime deals should be based on bucks not miles.
To some extent - the fare paid does factor in earning 4M EQM -say on DL. If you bought F tickets all the time, then the BIS miles are only 2.67M BIS - because of the 150% EQM. If you had an Israel or Europe address - then only 2M BIS.

Plus - if CO eliminate the 100% EQM on discounted coach tickets - in such a 4M BIS scheme - it would take 8M BIS to get 4M EQM. The current 100% EQM on discounted tickets at co.com is still an extension of the promotion - it could go away at any time - per the footnote.

Last edited by cova; Jul 27, 2007 at 3:05 pm